Staff & Volunteer Online Hub
Welcome to the Online Hub!
Welcome to the Staff & Volunteer Online Volunteer Hub! This hub will be your one-stop shop to get all the quick information you need for the 2024 Sundance Film Festival & will be updated regularly throughout the next few weeks.
Check this page often as it has information about Grub Stub Partners, Volunteer Line allotments, and more!!
Volunteer Film Access
Volunteer Ticket Availability
A limited number of screening tickets are held at certain theater box offices for staff and volunteers. Tickets are available one hour prior to the screening time. Some volunteer ticket quantities may be reduced in the event of extreme public demand.
NOTE: There will not be volunteer tickets available for Day One screenings. Please join the eWaitlist if you wish to attend those screenings.
Please note that there will not be volunteer and staff tickets available for Best of Fest screenings.
Please note that there will not be volunteer and staff tickets available for the Local Lens Screenings:
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 | 5:00 P.M.
Redstone 1, Park City
Thursday, January 25, 2024 | 6:00 P.M.
Rose Wagner, Salt Lake City
Thursday, January 25, 2024 | 6:30 P.M.
Redstone 2, Park City
Holiday Village Cinemas
10 for public screenings
Library Center Theatre
Prospector Square Theatre
The Ray Theatre
Salt Lake City
Broadway Centre Cinemas
Rose Wagner Center
Gateway at the Megaplex
Access to Press and Industry (P&I) Screenings
January 18–January 25
- The volunteer/staff sign up and line locations will be in the tent of the Holiday Village Cinemas.
- Volunteers/staff can start signing up on the list at ONE HOUR before the scheduled film start time. They can begin lining up earlier (though this is highly discouraged) but the list will not be started until 1 hour before showtime.
- Volunteers/staff must provide their credential as proof of their status. Guests are not allowed.
- Signing up on the list DOES NOT guarantee a seat in the screening.
- After signing up on the list, volunteers/staff are able to leave the line/theater (and are encouraged to do so); however, they must be back in line by 15 mins before scheduled film start time, and will be lined up in list order. If a volunteer/staff returns to the line less than 15 min before scheduled start time, they will forfeit their place and must queue at the back of the line.
- Once passholders have been seated, volunteers/staff will be admitted to P&I screenings in list order, on a space available basis and starting no earlier than 5 mins before showtime.
- Volunteers/staff seated in a screening must remember they may be asked to relinquish their seat in the event of a late arriving passholder. Failure to leave if asked will have consequences.
Please note that the majority of Press & SIO (Sundance Industry Office) passholders attend the Festival during the first half, so those screenings tend to be fuller and we may not be able to accommodate all volunteers and staff that want to attend.
January 18–January 28
Use our electronic waitlist system for a chance to get into sold-out screenings. Register at ewaitlist.sundance.org. Check-in for each screening opens two hours before the published start time; you automatically receive a number once you check in. You must be in the waitlist line at the theater no later than 30 minutes before start time. Line up in the order of your waitlist number. If you arrive late, you will forfeit your number and have to go to the end of the line.
You may check in for one event at a time. If you change your mind or want to check in for another screening, cancel your existing reservation and restart the process. Tickets are $30 (plus a service fee of 3.5% plus 35¢ per ticket), payable by card only, and are sold on a space-available basis. Volunteers get FREE waitlist tickets by exchanging a volunteer voucher or by showing their credential.
Volunteer & Staff Grub Stubs
Grub Stubs entitle a volunteer and eligible employee with a Festival credential and voucher, to 1 menu item at a participating restaurant in Park City and Salt Lake City. More menu items may be added leading up to the Festival. Eligible employees will be provided with Grub Stub vouchers at Employee Check-In.
Not redeemable for cash. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Disclaimer: If you have specific or varying dietary restrictions, please plan accordingly for yourself. Not all of our partners offer gluten free/vegan options in their menu options.
No Refunds or Exchanges.
Valid 1/18/2024 – 1/28/2024
Volunteer & Staff Lounge at the Prospector
2200 Sidewinder Road, Park City UT 84060
Stop by the Volunteer Hub to ask questions, grab a snack, and use free Wi-Fi.
January 18, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
January 19 – 27, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
January 28, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
Volunteer Check-in and Benefits
Check out the Volunteer Check-in and Benefits Packet sent in Newsletter #3 for all the details.
Park City Venues and Store Locations
Sheraton Park City, 1895 Sidewinder Dr.
The Box at The Ray
1768 Park Ave. (Middle doors)
950 Iron Horse Dr.
550 Main St. (2nd floor)
Festival Store at HQ
Sheraton Park City 1895 Sidewinder Dr.
Open January 16 – January 28, 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Festival Store on Main Street
136 Heber Ave. #204
Open January 17 – January 28, 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Festival Store at Eccles Theatre
1750 Kearns Blvd.
Open January 18 – January 23, 9:00AM to 9:00PM
Festival Store at the Gateway Mall
400 W 200 S, Salt Lake City
Open January 18 – January 28, 2:00PM to 9:30PM
Note: This location will only offer posters and catalogs. Other merchandise will be on display but can be purchased online only.
Main Box Office
Patrons can purchase remaining individual tickets online or at the Main Box Office (card only). Waitlist tickets can be purchased at the theater where the screening is scheduled (card only). Passes can be picked up at the Park City Main Box Office or the Megaplex Theater. Tickets for in person screenings are $30. Tickets to virtual screenings are $25.
There are no senior or military discounts.
Park City Main Box Office
Gateway Center, 136 Heber Ave. (1st floor), Park City
January 17, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Pass pick up only)
January 18–27, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
January 28, 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Megaplex Theatres at The Gateway
400 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
January 18, 12:00 p.m – 6:00 p.m (Pass pick up only)
Monday through Friday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
All other Salt Lake City screening venues
Jan 20 – 28, One hour before first screening of the day until start time of last screening of the day
Key Information for Volunteers
If you cannot make a shift or have a volunteer question:
Volunteer Hotline: (435) 776-7870
Contact information for our various departments & venues can be found here.
The Customer Support team will be online to help from 6 am – 12 am MT starting December 20, 2023 and online 24/7 throughout the rest of the festival, January 18 through 28. Please reach out to us via the yellow Help widget in the bottom right corner of the festival site, submitting a form at sundance.org/customersupport, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Festival Insiders are volunteers who wear “Ask Me” buttons, and they are specially trained to help you navigate the Festival. Find them on shuttles, Main Street, and elsewhere at the Festival.
For the most updated screening schedule, visit festival.sundance.org/program/schedule.
Make sure and download the official Sundance Film Festival mobile app, launching on January 15, 2024! Just search “Sundance Film Festival” in the Apple and Google Play stores. Enable push notifications to receive screening reminders, news about additional ticket availability, and other Festival updates.
Safety manuals at each venue and theater have full listings of nearby hospitals and clinics.
Park City Hospital
900 Round Valley Dr., Park City, UT
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Park City InstaCare
1750 Sidewinder Dr., Park City, UT
8 a.m.–8 p.m., 7 days a week
Work & Self-Help Guide
The Human Resources Administration team has created a Work & Self-Help Guide to assist managers in their team meetings, check-ins, and employee conflict along with providing employees the tools to be able to help themselves and peers in times of need with communication tools, daily affirmations, stretches, and breathing techniques.
After Hour Emergencies
For after hour emergencies, please call our 24 hour emergency number 435-776-7825. PLEASE ONLY CALL THIS NUMBER IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
If the emergency is serious please call 911 first.
Transit in Park City is fare-free.
There is a new bus service called High Valley Transit serving Summit County in addition to Park City Transit. Check the website and see if your accommodation falls within their free micro-transit zone. If you are staying in Silver Creek or Summit Park this could really help!
There is no parking at Park City theaters and venues.
If you must drive, park in a designated Festival park-and-ride lot. Free shuttles stop in front of all designated parking locations.
Sundance is not responsible for any circumstances that may occur to your vehicle if it is placed in non-festival designated parking.
Miners Park, on Main St. between 4th and 5th St.
Old Town Transit Center, on Swede Alley one block north of 5th St.
“How to Fest” info is available at the Information Booth located at Festival Headquarters. We will also have Info Booth volunteers within the merch stores located at HQ and in the Gateway Center near the Park City Main Box Office.
Lost and Found
Items found at Festival theaters and official non-theater venues will be kept at the locations where they were found until being transferred to the Lost and Found office during periodic pickups. For all Park City and SLC theaters and venues, there will be pickups throughout the festival. After the Festival, unclaimed items will be kept until February 6, 2024, when they will be donated to charity. Please direct inquiries to http://pixithq.com/sundance
Public Wi-Fi access is available at all Park City locations except Redstone Cinemas and is available in most Salt Lake City theaters.
For issues or questions with accessibility, you may contact our Accessibility Team:
As a member of our Festival community, we expect you to help create an environment that is welcoming to all by committing to being:
- Inclusive and respectful of people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, age, physical appearance and body size, language spoken, and immigration or economic status by refraining from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior or speech.
- Intentional with your words by abstaining from hate speech.
- Attentive to personal boundaries by refraining from unwelcome sexual attention, harassment, stalking,or unwanted physical contact of any kind.
- Respectful of moderators, artists, and audience members by refraining from sustained or repeated disruption of any events.
- Proactive in prioritizing community health and wellbeing by refraining from attending events when you feel unwell.
If you experience or witness any inappropriate conduct, you can report it via one of the following methods and a member of the Safety & Belonging Team will respond as soon as possible, no later than 4 hours during the hours of 6:00 am to Midnight MT.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Complete the name-optional conduct reporting form that can be found here.
All incidents that violate our commitment to one another will be subject to an immediate and equitable review process with our third-party event ombuds, tEQuitable.
Sundance is partnering with tEQuitable for provide designated safe spaces, as well.
- Located at the Gateway on Main Street, the designated safe space is in office 302 and the entrance to this space is on the third floor left of the elevators.
- Two private rooms are available and equipped with laptops to connect with tEQuitable or India Gary-Martin, our DEIB consultant for real-time support from 10 am -10 pm MST daily throughout the Festival.
- Staff and Volunteers can also connect with Safety and Belonging, and/or Human Resource representatives from these locations.
- There will be comfortable seating, snacks, and health products.
- The priority of this space is for staff and volunteers so we will not be marketing this to Artists.
For more information, click here.
Have a suggestion about how to improve the Festival?
This virtual anonymous suggestion box can be used as a way to provide anonymous feedback on ways we can improve. This is available to you as an employee and to volunteers.
You can access Suggestion Ox here.
Suggestion Ox is:
- 100% anonymous – all respondent identities are protected.
- Allows the HR team to write back to respondents without revealing their identity.
- Easy to use! Type in your comments, suggestions, and/or feedback and hit send.