Winners will be announced on Friday, January 28 at 3 p.m. MST. Join us on Twitter (@sundancefest) to see the announcements and live reactions from the winners! You can also see the announcements on the Festival platform homepage.
Have an Award-Winners Package? Our award-winning Festival films will be available to view from 8 a.m. MST on Saturday, January 29 until 11:59 p.m. MST on Sunday, January 30.
Here’s a recap of what you need to know about watching award-winning films to ensure you have the best Festival experience:
- Winners will be announced on Friday, January 28 at 3 p.m. MST. Join us on Twitter (@sundancefest) to see the announcements and live reactions from the winners! You can also see the announcements on the Festival platform homepage.
- Ticket selection will be available at 5 p.m. MST. You must make a ticket selection to secure your seat to the award-winning films – remember to make your ticket selection as soon as possible as seats are limited
- To make a ticket selection: Find the film in the Festival Program Guide, favorite it, then click “Make My Ticket Selection” from the pop-up. If you’ve already favorited an award-winning film screening, you can make a ticket selection for it by going to your schedule and clicking the “Make a Ticket Selection” button. Remember, favoriting a film isn’t the same as making a ticket selection.
- You can view four screenings on Saturday and four screenings on Sunday, for a total of eight screenings. Make sure to favorite screenings for the day that you’d like the view the film in order to add to your schedule.
- From Saturday, January 29 at 8 a.m. MST to Sunday, January 30 at 11:59 p.m. MST, you will have access to award-winning Festival films. From Saturday, January 29 at 12:00 a.m. MST to Sunday, January 30 at 11:59 p.m. MST, you will have access to all short films and Indie Episodic programs.
- Your screening begins when you click the WATCH NOW button in your schedule or on the film detail page, and you’ll have five hours to finish it, so please be prepared to watch the film in its entirety once you click. You can pause the film, rewind, and fast-forward, but you must finish watching it before the five-hour window closes. If you finish the film before the end of your five-hour window, you can start watching a new award-winning film; once you click WATCH NOW the five-hour window begins anew.
- All Indie Series can be viewed only once during the course of the Festival. Once you begin to watch, you’ll have five hours to finish the program.
- All short films will be available to watch, pause, and replay any time from Saturday, January 29 at 12:00 a.m. MST to Sunday, January 30 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
- As an Award-Winners Packageholder, you also have access to the New Frontier Spaceship all day Friday, January 28. You’ll be able to view dynamic, groundbreaking work and convene with other Festivalgoers. For information on accessing the Spaceship, read more here.
Single Film Tickets
If you have any questions, you can contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to celebrate the award-winning films with you!