© 2017 Sundance Institute | Photo by Alan Mark
By Virginia Yapp
As always, during the 2020 Sundance Film Festival, we’ll be hosting a wide range of screenings, projects, and events at our five venues in Salt Lake City, located about 30 miles outside of the Festival’s home base in Park City. Below, we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about experiencing the Festival in SLC, complete with info on our venues, lounges, and box office. Note that individual tickets go on sale to the general public on January 21; in the meantime, you’ll want to look through our digital program guide’s schedule feature to see which films you can catch in Salt Lake City.
Visit the Box Office
Our main Salt Lake box office is located in Trolley Square at 602 S. 700 East, next to Rodizio Grill. Swing by to pick up your online order, exchange tickets, or redeem vouchers. Hours of operation are as follows:
- Sat., January 18: 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (Locals’ pickup only)
- Tues., January 21–Wed., January 22: 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Thurs., January 23–Sat., February 1: 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Sun., February 2: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Know Your Venues
There are five Festival theaters in Salt Lake City—you can see parking information for all of them on our handy How to Fest page. Also, you should know that we offer a Grand Theatre Pass: It allows you access to all weekend screenings at the Grand between January 24 and February 2. We’ve also got a merch store located at the Salt Lake City Main Box Office (602 S. 700 East), where you can grab official Sundance Film Festival T-shirts, jackets, mugs, tote bags, posters, and so much more. (Can’t wait till then? Start shopping online now.)
- The Broadway Centre Cinema (111 E. Broadway)
- The Grand Theatre (Salt Lake Community College, 1575 S. State St.)
- The Rose Wagner Center (138 W. 300 South)
- The Salt Lake City Library Theatre (210 E. 400 South)
- The Tower Theatre (876 E. 900 South)
Check Out Live Music and Performances
Presented by Visit Salt Lake, the Festival Lounge at Copper Common and the Festival Lounge at East Liberty Tap House return to Salt Lake City for the 2020 Festival. Both live music venues are open to guests ages 21+. Over at VSL’s Queer Lounge at The Daily, guests ages 18+ can pop in after a screening for music, drag performances, poetry readings, and nightly trivia.
- Festival Lounge at Copper Common (111 E. Broadway): Friday, January 24–Saturday, February 1, from 5:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m.; music at 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. nightly.
- Festival Lounge at East Liberty Tap House (850 E. 900 South): Friday, January 24: noon–midnight; Saturday, January 25: 11:00 a.m.–midnight; Sunday, January 26: 11:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.; Monday, January 27–Saturday, February 1: noon–midnight; nightly performances at 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Queer Lounge at The Daily (222 Main St.): Friday, January 24–Saturday, January 25: 5:00 p.m.–midnight; Sunday, January 26–Thursday, January 30: 5:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m. Friday, January 31–Saturday, February 1: 5:00 p.m.–midnight.
One final note: Don’t forget that you can use the Sundance Film Festival app (available on Google Play and in the App Store).