2. Apply to Volunteer: The volunteer application generally opens at the end of the summer (in July or August) for the following year's Festival. The application stays open for a few months, usually closing in November. Please note that applying to volunteer does not guarantee you will be offered a role, as we tend to receive over 4,000 applications for just 2,400 positions. To be notified when the application opens, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Complete the Interview:After submitting your application, you will receive a Google form that will serve as your initial interview. This document allows us to learn a little bit about you and better understand where you will fit into the Festival.
4. Receive a Specific Assignment: When your interests and the Festival needs align, a volunteer coordinator will reach out to discuss a volunteer assignment, typically by early December, including outlining the position dates and requirements.
5. Receive a Specific Assignment: Your volunteer coordinator will email you a volunteer agreement. You must sign the agreement to confirm your position.
6. Get Your Schedule
- Sign-Up Volunteers, once instructed to, will log in to Shiftboard (our scheduling platform) and sign up for shifts, making sure to sign up for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Half-Fest Volunteers and Full-Time Volunteers will receive notification of when their preset schedule wiill be released on Shiftboard.
7. Check In and Receive Training: You will check in before your first shift or training to pick up your Festival credentials, swag, etc.
8. Festival Time: Enjoy volunteering, attending events, seeing films, and experiencing the Sundance Film Festival community.