Sundance/A3 Foundation Feature Film Fellowship
The A3 (Asian American Artists) Foundation Fellowship is part of the Feature Film Program Screenwriters and Directors Labs. This Fellowship aims to support Asian American writers (or writer-directors) through the development of their feature screenplay, as well as screenplay content that is Asian American themed.
In order to apply for A3 Fellowship consideration at the 2014 January Screenwriters Lab, you must have the following:
- A recommendation letter from someone within the film community (eg. film professor or professional you’ve worked with previously) who is familiar with your prior creative endeavors
- A completed narrative feature screenplay
If you have both, you must prepare and send the below application materials to A3Fellowship@sundance.org by September 6, 2013. NOTE: We apologize for the technical difficulties we have been experiencing on the website. We are extending the application deadline through the end of day on September 11, 2013.
How to Submit Your Application
Please gather the following materials and send as a soft copy attachment (PDF is preferred) to A3Fellowship@sundance.org by the deadline of September 11, 2013.
- Your contact information, which should include your name, project name, address, email address.
- A cover letter introducing yourself and your project. There are no strict requirements for this letter, but we'd like to get a brief idea of who you are, what your script is about, and how you think the Lab process could be helpful to you.
- A letter of recommendation from someone within the film community (eg. film professor or professional you’ve worked with previously) who is familiar with your prior creative endeavors. He/she does not need to be familiar with the project you are submitting.
- An artistic statement describing your creative vision for the material, giving us a sense of where you are in the creative process. Here's an example of the type of information we're looking for: What is your personal connection to the material? What do you want an audience to take away from your film? How do you envision the realization of this script in terms of story, character, tone, and/or visual style? Is there a budget level you have in mind, and who makes up the audience you most want to reach? Why are you passionate about this story?
- A brief biography of yourself and up to two key creative team members (i.e. director, producer, etc.). It is unnecessary to have anyone other than the writer attached, and each bio should be no longer than 500 words.
- A synopsis of the screenplay, no more than 1000 words.
- The first five pages of your script. Do not submit script pages from any other work. Please do not attach the full screenplay.
For any questions regarding submission issues, please email A3Fellowship@sundance.org. Once submitted, you will receive a response no later than October 18, 2013.