Park City, UT — Locals planning to attend the 2012 Sundance Film Festival that have not yet purchased passes or ticket packages should consider individual ticketing options. The 2012 Sundance Film Festival will be January 19-29, 2012.
Park City and Salt Lake City Screening Venues:
Beginning today, locals may register online to purchase individual tickets for the Festival.
• Register at www.sundance.org/tickets by December 19 at 5:00 p.m. MT to receive a randomly assigned timeslot to purchase tickets in person at the Park City and Salt Lake City Box Offices January 7-8. Timeslots are randomly assigned to best accommodate the volume of requests for tickets.
• Locals with purchase timeslots at either the Park City or Salt Lake City Box Office will be eligible to purchase tickets to screenings in all locations. Assignments to purchase tickets at the Park City Box Office are reserved for Summit and Wasatch County residents only.
Ogden and Sundance Resort:
Ogden’s Peery’s Egyptian Theater and the Sundance Institute Screening Room at Sundance Resort do not require advance online registration to purchase individual tickets for the Festival.
• Cards indicating a timeslot to purchase tickets will be distributed on January 7 at 7:30 a.m. MT to people waiting in line (limit one per person).
• The card will inform patrons when to return to their respective Box Office (Ogden or the Sundance Resort) between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. MT that same day (January 7) to make purchases.
• Individual ticket sales at Ogden and the Sundance Resort are only for screenings at their respective locations.
A limited selection of passes and ticket packages for the Festival are available for immediate purchase at http://www.sundance.org/festival/tickets/purchase/.
The Sundance Film Festival
Supported by the nonprofit Sundance Institute, the Festival has introduced global audiences to some of the most ground-breaking films of the past two decades, including sex, lies, and videotape, Maria Full of Grace, The Cove, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, An Inconvenient Truth, Precious, Trouble the Water, and Napoleon Dynamite, and through its New Frontier initiative, has brought the cinematic works of media artists including Isaac Julian, Doug Aitken, Pierre Huyghe, Jennifer Steinkamp, and Matthew Barney. The 2012 Sundance Film Festival sponsors to date include: Presenting Sponsors – Entertainment Weekly, HP, Acura, Sundance Channel and Chase SapphireSM; Leadership Sponsors – Bing™, Focus Forward, a partnership between GE and CINELAN, Southwest Airlines and Yahoo!; Sustaining Sponsors – FilterForGood®, a partnership between Brita® and Nalgene®, L’Oréal Paris, Stella Artois®, Timberland and Time Warner Inc. Sundance Institute recognizes critical support from the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development, and the State of Utah as Festival Host State. The support of these organizations will defray costs associated with the 10-day Festival and the nonprofit Sundance Institute’s year-round programs for independent film and theatre artists. In return, sponsorship of the preeminent Festival provides these organizations with global exposure, a platform for brand impressions and unique access to Festival attendees. www.sundance.org/festival
Sundance Institute is a global nonprofit organization founded by Robert Redford in 1981. Through its artistic development programs for directors, screenwriters, producers, composers and playwrights, the Institute seeks to discover and support independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work. The Institute promotes independent storytelling to inform, inspire, and unite diverse populations around the globe. Internationally recognized for its annual Sundance Film Festival, Sundance Institute has nurtured such projects as Born into Brothels, Trouble the Water, Son of Babylon, Amreeka, An Inconvenient Truth, Spring Awakening, I Am My Own Wife, Light in the Piazza and Angels in America. Join Sundance Institute on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
# # #