#ArtistServices March Roundup: Kickstarter Support Reaches Century Mark, #AS at SXSW
In our inaugural #ArtistServices monthly roundup we revisit the program’s dynamic presence at SXSW last month, highlight a handful of successful Kickstarter campaigns, and preview events for the coming month, including an #ArtistServices Workshop Saturday, April 6, in San Francisco, for which tickets are still available.
- #ArtistServices co-hosted the SXSW Alumni Party which congratulated the 83 Sundance alumni with projects at the music, film, and interactive conference.
- To celebrate the digital release of her film, Tiffany Shlain screened Connected at the new Google space in Playa Del Rey, CA.
- Associate Director Chris Horton unleashed his crowdsourcing brainpower at the SXSW panel DIY: How Crowdsourcing Has Saved Independent Film. Also, check out his Leo Burnett interview on digital distribution below:
#ArtistServices On Kickstarter
To date, #AS has supported more than 100 Kickstarter campaigns and has raised more than $3.9 million for Sundance Institute and Sundance Film Festival alumni.
March Kickstart Campaigns:
- Jehane Noujaim raised over $126,020 for her award winning film The Square (SFF ‘13 World Cinema Documentary Winner)
- Ryan Dickie (SFF ‘11) raised 5,256 for production funds for his short WINNERS
- Bobby Miller (SFF ‘11) raised $958 (1077% of their goal) for his Vine App Film Series
Ongoing Kickstarter Campaigns:
- Penny Woolcock, a BritDoc fellow, is taking her film One Mile Away on a #RoadToFreedom film tour.
- DFP Fellow Jason DaSilva is raising funds for self-distribution for his film When I Walk, which premiered at the Festival last January.
- Theater Program Fellows Jennifer Haley and Matt M. Morrow are seeking funds to interactive workshops for their play FROGGY
- Henry Barrial and producer Mike Lieber are seeking finishing funds for their film The House That Jack Built - A Film About A Family, written by the late Joe Vasquez
April #ArtistServices Events
- April 6th - Sundance Institute and San Francisco Film Society presents #ArtistServices Workshop
- April 16th – #ArtistServices will release three new films making their digital premieres.
- April 18th – Chris Horton will be speaking on a panel at the Tribeca Film Festival
- 12 films will make their digital debut this spring through #ArtistServices, click out the titles coming soon.