TED Prize Filmmaker Award Application
Welcome to the Sundance Institute | TED Prize Filmmaker Award Application. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions before filling out this application.
Step 1: Fill out the Online Application. The application can be reached by clicking next on the bottom of the page.
The online application includes:
- Basic information about the applicant.
- Logline (One line sentence description of the project).
- Vimeo Link to the Director’s previous work..
Step 2: Upload your completed proposal per the instruction on the online application page.
The Proposal includes:
- Synopsis of project.
- Approach – Describe how you plan to capture the story and what is your stylistic approach.
- Director's Statement –Describe why you’re the right person to make this film.
- Director's Sample Work –Describe your directing sample reel and how it relates to this project.
- Biographies / Resumes of the director, producer and other principal crew attached to this project.
- Detailed Production Timeline (from development through delivery)
- Distribution, Marketing and Outreach strategies (including mainstream and alternative approaches)
- Audience & Community Engagement Strategy – How will you inspire your audiences to take action to address the issues raised in your film.
- Interactive Elements – Explain how you plan to enhance your project through a companion Web site or interactive television components. Discuss specific elements of the proposed site and provide information on the Web production team. Include the possibility of Multi-platform (e.g. broadcast, VOD, online, wireless) delivery of the project in its entirety or as ‘education’ modules.
- Comprehensive budget in $US.
For your application to be eligible for funding:
- You must first complete the online application in its entirety, upload your proposal, and press submit;
- Mail your hard copy DVD materials to our office in Los Angeles with a postmark deadline of May 9, 2014 .
Please do not mail your hard copy materials before your online application has been submitted. A printer is required to print out the coversheet of your completed fund submission. Include this with your hard copy materials. All materials should be mailed in one package. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions must be shipped pre-paid, including any duties or custom fees. The Sundance Institute will make every effort to safe-guard the materials submitted; however the Sundance Institute will not be responsible for lost or stolen submissions. Submissions will not be returned.
ALL ON-LINE APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY MAY 9, 2014
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .