Sundance/Sloan Commissioning Grant & Fellowship Application Guidelines
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
- Logline (75 word maximum)
- Synopsis (500 words maximum)
- Brief description of the thematic core and scientific ideas being explored (75 word maximum)
- Artistic Statement – Screenwriter’s creative intent for the script, which can include the genesis of the story, particular themes being explored, and why this story is of interest for the writer to tell (500 words maximum)
- Additional Information (optional) – Any additional information such as status of the project, attachments, or prior science research done to date. (500 words maximum)
- Bios for the screenwriter(s), director(s), and producer(s) (if applicable) (250 words maximum). Please specifically list all notable credits, accolades, education, and experience.
- Name of person writing your recommendation letter. Your recommender should be someone familiar with your prior creative work, such as a filmmaking colleague or professor, but does not necessarily need to be familiar with your submitted project.
- The letter of recommendation is to be mailed to Rebecca Green with a postmark date of September 7, 2012 or earlier:
C/O Rebecca Green
5900 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Application fee of $35 (credit card only).
You will have the ability to save your application-in-progress and log in at a later date to complete and submit.
Once you electronically submit your application, there will be a link to view and print your completed application as a PDF file. Please save this file for future reference and in the case of any technical issues.