- Where: Washington D.C.
When: May 12, 2011
There are no recent blog entries
In The News
- Podcast Interview with Debra Granik, National Endowment for the Arts
- First Person with filmmaker Vikramaditya Motwane, National Endowment for the Arts
- Now Showing in DC: Film Forward!, Art Works Blog
- Making Progressive Movies Gripping: ‘Freedom Riders’ Tonight on PBS, Yglesias
- What We Learned at Film Forward, Washington City Paper
- Film Forward presents indie screenings around National Mall, TBD.com
- Kerry Washington steps up to support film initiative, Washington Examiner
- Film Forward Screening 10 Films Tonight Around the National Mall, Washingtonian.com
- La Mission at Film Forward Festival, Metro Weekly
- About Tonight, DCist
- International film showcase Thurs. May 12th, Prince Of Petworth
- Free and Easy: Cabaret and outdoor concerts, The Washington Post
- Film Forward to Present 10 Award-Winning Films at 10 Locations on National Mall, Movie City News
- President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities (PCAH) and Sundance Institute, 2-pop
- ‘Film Forward’ Brings Cinematic Diplomacy to National Mall, The Washington Diplomat
- Sundance’s Film Forward announces film slate, November 30, 2010, Variety
- 10 Films Slated for Sundance Institute’s Inaugural Film Forward Initiative, November 29, 2010, indieWIRE
- Sundance Selects 10 Movies for Film Forward Cultural Exchange Initiative, November 29, 2010, The Hollywood Reporter
- Access Pollywood: Pay It “Film” Forward, November 9, 2010, Washington Life Magazine
- Peter Bratt’s film “La Mission” selected by the Sundance Institute’s Film Forward, October 10, 2010, Speak Out
- Tweets about ""filmforward""
The Smithsonian Institution is an educational and research institute and associated museum complex, administered and funded by the government of the United States. Most of its facilities are located in Washington, D.C., but its 19 museums, zoo, and nine research centers include sites in New York City, Virginia, Panama, and elsewhere. It has over 136 million items in its collections, publishes two magazines named Smithsonian (monthly) and Air & Space (bimonthly) and is the largest museum complex in the world.
Program: For one night only, all 10 Film Forward award-winning independent films screen simultaneously on the National Mall, in partnership with the Smithsonian Institution, the National Archives and the National Gallery of Art, with all 10 filmmakers and special guest presenters at each location. For more information and tickets please visit the Smithsonian Resident Associate program page.