- Where: Paris
When: October 11-12, 2011
In The News
- Photos from the US Embassy in France, Embassy of the United States Paris, France
- Making Progressive Movies Gripping: ‘Freedom Riders’ Tonight on PBS, Yglesias
- Sundance’s Film Forward announces film slate, November 30, 2010, Variety
- 10 Films Slated for Sundance Institute’s Inaugural Film Forward Initiative, November 29, 2010, indieWIRE
- Sundance Selects 10 Movies for Film Forward Cultural Exchange Initiative, November 29, 2010, The Hollywood Reporter
- Access Pollywood: Pay It “Film” Forward, November 9, 2010, Washington Life Magazine
- Peter Bratt’s film “La Mission” selected by the Sundance Institute’s Film Forward, October 10, 2010, Speak Out
- Tweets about ""filmforward""
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization)
UNESCO works to create the conditions for dialogue among civilizations, cultures and peoples, based upon respect for commonly shared values. It is through this dialogue that the world can achieve global visions of sustainable development encompassing observance of human rights, mutual respect and the alleviation of poverty, all of which are at the heart of UNESCO’S mission and activities.
US MISSION to UNESCO
The US Mission to UNESCO is proud to be a part of the President's vision to advance human rights, tolerance and learning throughout the world. We are working to meet these challenges and are putting forward our best diplomatic efforts to advance the President’s priorities and to help create a brighter and better future for people around the world.
US EMBASSY in France
France is the oldest ally of the United States, with U.S.-French diplomatic relations stretching back more than 225 years. Our histories, from the American Revolution to the allied landings in Normandy during World War II, have often been intertwined. Our respective societies have long held great attraction for each other, and generations of thinkers, writers, artists, dancers, and musicians have sought and found inspiration and recognition on each other’s shores. In support of the Mission’s objectives, the Embassy’s Public Affairs Section undertakes a range of programs to explain U.S. policies and broader American society to the French public in order to foster mutual understanding.