Corporate Hospitality Packages: The Sundance Film Festival is a one-of-a-kind experience for hosting your top clients. For access to a bulk quantity of screening tickets, Festival credentials, and other exclusive opportunities, please contact Sundance Institute's Corporate Department at email@example.com to explore corporate hospitality package options.
Please note that there is a $50 handling fee per pass or package and a $2 fee per ticket. Fees are nonrefundable.
Here are the ins and outs of passes, ticket packages, individual tickets, the eWaitlist, and more. Take a look—you may even discover a few Fest hacks along the way!
The Sundance Film Festival reserves the right to prohibit any sales during this Festival and in future years to any ticket buyer who is identified or has been identified as a ticket reseller. This pertains to resales above, below, or at face value. Resales include unauthorized duplication and multiple forwarding of print-at-home tickets. Tickets and credentials can be remotely invalidated. All theaters have scanning capabilities.
By purchasing, you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed with all the terms and conditions (the "fine print") published here.
- Account creation. To purchase passes, packages, or individual tickets, you must have a sundance.org account. To create one, please go to sundance.org/users/sign_in.
- Registration. Beyond creating an account, no other form of registration is required for the public. However, registration is required for Sundance industry participants and is by invitation only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Number of tickets per package. All public, locals', and youth ticket packages contain 10 tickets (except for the six-ticket Shorts Episodic Package). 20-ticket packages are available for Sundance Institute members, donors, corporate partners, and industry professionals. To learn more about 20-ticket package options, please contact:
- Pass and package limits. Customers are limited to one type of ticket package per person, up to four per household. (For example, you may purchase one first-half package, one second-half package, and one Salt Lake City Package, but you may not purchase two of the same package type.) For passes, there is a limit of two per specific type of pass. Apart from these limits, there are no limits on the total amount of different passes or ticket packages you can buy.
- Using multiple addresses. Purchases will be canceled if we determine that customers are using different email addresses or physical addresses to get around the limits. Remember that your ID must match your purchase address. Please do not use a work address for purchase—we have the ability to identify non-residential addresses.
- Online waiting room. Sales for Festival passes, ticket packages, and individual tickets will be first-come, first-served—we will be using an online waiting room at the start of sale periods. Do not exit the waiting room or you will lose your place in line.
- Selling out. Once any Festival pass or ticket package is sold out, additional items will be offered for sale only in the event of a refund or cancellation. This is an ongoing process. We do not have waiting lists for sold-out items, and we will not have an additional sale for canceled or refunded passes or ticket packages.
- Ticket prices. Individual tickets purchased in advance for all screenings at all venues throughout the Festival are now $25, except for tickets to Kids screenings, which are $10.
- eWaitlist ticket prices. All eWaitlist tickets are $20, except for tickets to Kids screenings, which are $10.
- Pass and package pickup. We are no longer shipping any publicly purchased passes or packages. All passes and packages must be picked up in person.
- Ticket packages and individual ticket sales have a limit of four tickets per screening.
How to Fest Without Advance Tickets
Not able to secure a Festival pass or ticket package but still want to get in on the fun? We've got you covered—there's lots to do that doesn't require a ticket.
Box Office Info
You'll need to pick up your Festival pass, ticket package, or advance tickets in person at the Festival. Express delivery is not available to the public.
Festival Passes and Ticket Packages
- Festival passes and ticket packages are available for in-person pickup at two locations: the Pass and Package Office in Park City and the Salt Lake City Main Box Office.
- You select your pickup location when you make your Festival purchase. Pickup location cannot be changed after the time of purchase.
- General pass and package pickup begins on Tuesday, January 21, 2020, at both locations.
- To pick up, purchasers need to provide a photo ID and a copy of the confirmation email including the reservation number of the order.
- Hours of operation for the Pass and Package Office and the Salt Lake City Main Box Office are listed below, under "Box Office Hours and Locations."
Locals' Passes, Packages, and Tickets
- Locals need to provide a valid ID and a copy of their confirmation email, including the reservation number, to pick up their order.
- Pickup for the locals' online individual ticket sale begins Saturday, January 18, 2020, 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. MST at all main box offices and continues on Tuesday, January 21, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. MST at all main box offices.
- Locals' Festival pass and ticket package pickup begins on Saturday, January 18, 2020, 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. MST, at the Pass and Package Office in Park City and the Salt Lake City Main Box Office. You must select your pickup location during purchase. Pickup location cannot be changed after the time of purchase.
Online Ticket Orders
- Patrons who purchased tickets online (including locals who did not pick up their online ticket orders on January 19) must pick up their tickets during normal business hours at any main box office. You must present a photo ID to be issued your tickets.
- Please pick up your tickets at least two hours before your first screening time. Tickets for screenings prior to 10:00 a.m. MST should be picked up the day before, as heavy traffic is expected in the main box offices during the early morning hours. Tickets for screenings after 7:00 p.m. MST must be picked up during regular main box office hours.
- Be sure to select tickets according to your arrival time and the main box office's hours of operation. To view hours and locations of the main box offices, see below.
- There is no ticket pickup at theaters.
Picking Up Someone Else's Pass, Ticket Package, Or Individual Tickets
To pick up a Festival pass, a ticket package, or individual tickets for someone else, you will need to provide hard copies (please try to print out any emails) of the following items in order for our staff to release any purchase to you:
- A release letter signed by the pass/package/ticket holder indicating the name of the person who will be picking up the purchase
- A copy of the confirmation email that was sent from Sundance Institute to the original pass/package/ticket holder
- A copy of the photo ID of the original pass/package/ticket holder (signature on ID must match signature on release letter)
- The individual picking up the pass/package/tickets must have a photo ID, and the name on the ID must match the name mentioned in the release letter.
Frequently Asked Questions