Locals Individual Tickets
Register for a purchase timeslot
Check the Individual Tickets page anytime between November 5 and December 15 to register for a timeslot.
Receive your purchase timeslot
Check your email on December 18 for your purchase timeslot. Save this time and date.
Purchase your Individual Tickets
Return to the Individual Tickets page during your purchase timeslot to purchase your Individual Tickets.
Here are the details you need to know:
- All tickets are $20.
- Local purchases will not be limited to just 30 minutes. Patrons will now have from their timeslot start time until 4 p.m. January 10 to complete a purchase.
- This is an online sale. We will offer email and limited phone support to all Locals during this sales period for technical issues free of charge, but any subsequent phone sales will be subject to a transaction fee of $50 per order (we highly encourage everyone to order online). There is a $1 per ticket handling fee for all Locals Individual Ticket orders.
- One stop shopping for Ticket Pickup on Saturday, January 17! Pick up your online ticket purchase and your Best of Fest tickets all at once. PLEASE NOTE: For our Locals protection - We will not release/refund tickets if you cannot provide a valid state-issued Utah Driver’s License or ID Card when you come to collect your tickets
- For Summit County locals – you can also pick up your Townie Tuesday tickets on January 17 (Summit County residents only) while supplies last! Pickup will occur simultaneously with Best of Fest pickup at the Park City Box Office. Summit County residents can still wait-list at no charge at the theatres for the two Townie Tuesday screenings.
- Ticket buyers at the Sundance and Ogden Box Office locations can register online and are not limited to selections at their local theatres only. Since there will be NO in-person Locals sales at these box offices, residents of Provo Canyon and Ogden are encouraged to register online by December 15.
- For Ogden screenings only: Student and military discount prices ($15 per ticket) will be honored at any of our main box offices and online. In-person Box Office sales begin on Tuesday, January 20th. If you are a local college student or member of the military and purchase tickets to an Ogden screening online, you will have to show your local college student ID or Military ID when you pick-up your tickets. If you cannot show the relevant ID, you will not be refunded.
- Our special Locals pick up day, January 17, is reserved for pick-up only. We cannot accommodate refunds or exchanges on this special pick up day.
- Locals who miss their pickup on January 17 may pickup up tickets when the Main Box Offices open to the public on Tuesday, January 20, 2015. All Box Offices will be closed on Sunday, January 18 and Monday, January 19.
- Please note, you are required to present your Utah Driver's License or a Utah State ID Card at the time of ticket pickup. Utility bills, property tax statements, car registrations, and notes from Deer Valley WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot present a Utah driver's license or Utah State ID Card upon pickup, you will not receive your pass/package/tickets and no refund will be issued.
- Tickets are $20 each. You may purchase a maximum of 20 tickets, with a limit of four tickets per screening. Registration does not guarantee a timeslot or ticket availability. Sales dates and times are randomly assigned by a computer at the end of the registration period.
The Fine Print
Click here to read "The Fine Print" for all terms, conditions, delivery options, Festival Pass and Ticket Package pickup, deadlines, and fees.
Purchases and registrations are limited to Utah residents 18 and older.
Locals registration are limited to one registration per person. Your registered address must MATCH the address on the valid Utah ID that you present in-person at the time of purchase in January. P.O. Box addresses are not accepted as primary addresses. Add your P.O. Box to the secondary address line only in order to receive a printed film guide in advance. If there is a mismatch, you will not be allowed to pickup tickets purchased during the Locals online sale.
Sundance Institute reserves the right to cancel any duplicate reservations without notification.Sundance Institute reserves the right to prohibit any future sales during this Festival and in future years to any ticket buyer who is identified as a ticket reseller.
Timeslot assignments for the Locals Individual Tickets Sale are non transferable. This includes spouses, roommates, domestic partners, relatives, pets, multiple personalities, etc.
Registration is limited to one registration per person. Your registered address must MATCH the NAME and ADDRESS on the valid Utah ID that you present in-person at the time of purchase in January.
Utah does not allow P.O. Boxes on driver's licenses. You must register with a street address. Registrations listing only a P.O. box address will be cancelled. P.O. Boxes should be listed only as secondary addresses when registering.
If you do not have a Utah driver's license or Utah ID card when you register, there's time to get one! Follow this link for more details.
Out-of-state property management firms and timeshare holders are not considered locals. The Locals options in Park City are a thank-you to the year-round residents who are affected daily by the Festival preparations, traffic congestion, schedule disruptions, etc. Locals are important to us.