Every year, more than 1,800 volunteers help create a global platform for independent film. Volunteers are needed to assist in all areas of the Sundance Film Festival--from theater entrances to shuttle stops. Of course, there are exciting benefits such as being among the first audiences to see world premieres of the best new independent films. But the real benefits of volunteering aren't things, or even films--they're the experiences. If you're ready for a one-of-a-kind experience, read on and apply to join us in Utah this January!
How To Volunteer for the Sundance Film Festival
- Learn More: Decide on the type and level of commitment you'd like to make prior to applying.
- Apply to Volunteer: The volunteer application for the 2015 Festival will open HERE via an online link on August 15, 2014. Please check back at that time.
- Discuss Your Application: When we review your application, we'll email you to set up a call and discuss possibilities.
- Receive a Specific Assignment: When a volunteer's interests and the Festival's needs fit, volunteers are offered a volunteer assignment with a Festival Department, usually by early December. All details are discussed on the phone and confirmed via email.
- Get Your Schedule:
- Sign-Up Volunteers will log onto Shiftboard and sign up for shifts, making sure to sign up for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Half-Fest Volunteers & Full-Time Volunteers will have their schedules set by the Volunteer Department and be able to access it via Shiftboard.
- Learn, Check-In, and Festival! All volunteers come to check-in just before volunteering to get their Festival Credentials, uniforms, etc. Volunteers are also required to attend training, some of which is provided online.
- Finally, it's Festival time! Volunteers enjoy working their assigned shifts in-between attending events, seeing films, and (maybe) sleeping.