Tip of the Week: Festival Compass
Earlier this fall we hinted at some of the 2012 Sundance Film Festival theatre and venue updates, and now that construction has ceased, we’re offering a more comprehensive guide to this year’s renovations, relocations, and more. Here is your official 2012 Festival compass:
- The MARC - After a short hiatus, Racquet Club is back but with a new name – The MARC. With the new name comes some operational changes:
- The waitlist tent moves from the parking lot to one of the indoor tennis courts.
- Seats will be rotated 90 degrees in order to provide room for a larger screen and easier load in/out.
- Note: Awards Ceremony and Party will remain at Basin Rec. Field House.
Sundance Ascap Music Café
- Festival Co-op - The Festival Co-op is moving from the Slifer building on the corner of Heber and Main to the Montgomery Lee Building on lower Main Street.
- Music Café - We are adding some music programming at night to the Music Café—Sundance Ascap Music Café during the day, Sundance Music Café: Night Sessions after dark.
- New Frontier will move its location to The Yard (next to The Yard Park & Ride) as well as co-exhibit at Salt Lake Art Center, bringing the program to Salt Lake City for a second year. Learn more about visiting New Frontier venues here.
- HQ – Alumni will have their own desk within the Film Office. The Volunteer department will be based at HQ this year after being at Prospector last year.
- Festival Store on lower Main Street – last year this was housed in the Slifer building along with the Festival Co-op. This year it will go back to the Rich Haines Gallery where it was in 2010.
Still can't find your bearings? Check out our Festival map featuring theatre and venue locations and Festival shuttle routes.blog comments powered by Disqus